He > me.

12:07 AM

Sometimes i get so caught up in this life.
I find myself so focused on me; on my vision, on my accomplishments (or failures), and on my future.
On my life.
Anyone else ever feel so consumed in their own self that they lose sight of this one huge truth?
Our lives are not our own.
Still so often i wrap myself in the worries in the life around me, striving to meet a certain goal or setting a certain expectation of how something will turn out.

It sort of reminds me of the story when Jesus calms the storm. While the storm was raging, the disciples were afraid, awaking Jesus and saying, "Aren't you concerned we could drown?"
Jesus calms the storm and then asks them, "What were you so afraid for? Do you have no faith?"
He doesn't say "I understand why you were afraid" instead He questions their doubt in His power over all things, in His concern and power over each of their lives.
In my own storms i admittedly begin to worry when i dont find much certainty or when i feel insecure. And in my victories, pride admittedly begins to creep into my heart. 

But then i am gently reminded this:

HE IS GREATER.

Yeah, He is greater than me. He is greater than the life around me, greater than anything i could do on my own.

So let me encourage you as i often have to encourage myself, let Him be Lord over your life.
He is greater than all trials we will face and He is also greater than all of our triumphs.

You are great because He is great. You are love because He is love. You live because He lives.

HE > ME.


You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Ask Me Anything

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers